* Confusion about Undo keybinding
@ 2016-02-11 17:15 Kevin Havener
From: Kevin Havener @ 2016-02-11 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

According to the tutorial and other places, undo is bound by default to
C-/, C-_, and C-x u.  However in my newly installed emacs 24.5, C-/ is
bound to DEL (backspace).  I don't think I have any .emacs type file
overriding the defaults, so is this wrong or is the documentation wrong?

Wait just a minute.  C-/ is bound to undo in graphical mode and in xterm
(-nw) mode.  C-/ is bound to DEL in my linux virtual consoles.  How is
this possible?

Can you tell me what is going on?

Thank you,
Kevin Havener