* Strange startup behavior on emacs 26.3 and malfunctioning commands
@ 2021-02-25 14:14 Carlo Tambuatco
From: Carlo Tambuatco @ 2021-02-25 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have emacs-28 and emacs-26 installed alongside each other. I use emacs-28 most of the time, and only
use emacs-26 occasionally. I download and compile all my emacs packages using emacs-28, which starts
and initializes flawlessly and works exactly as I expect it to work. But, emacs-26, which reads the same
init files and uses the same packages as emacs-28 encounters errors like:

Transient error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (1 . 1) 2)
Error during file deserialization: (wrong-number-of-arguments (1 . 1) 2) [2 times]
File mode specification error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (1 . 1) 2) [26 times]
etc…

during startup.

Whenever I run a basic command like ‘find-files’, which is maped to ‘helm-find-files’ because I use
helm, I keep getting the error:

transient--pp-to-file: Wrong number of arguments: (1 . 1), 2

Even when I try closing emacs using C-x C-c, I get the error:

Wrong number of arguments: (1 . 1), 2

I don’t know what is going on, apologies if I have trouble explaining what is going on here.