* Mac (10.15), fink,  emacs+ispell seems not too work
@ 2021-05-07 16:13 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2021-05-07 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

I am running MacOS 10.5, installed fink, ispell and some dictionaries,
such as amercian, british, german etc.
I also either run emacs 27 from emacsforosx or a recently compiled
version from git master

However when I run ispell (or flyspell for that matter), selecting say
the american dictonary, then running ispell buffer on some text with
deliberate mistakes, ispell finds these mistakes, but does not who any
alternative, for example

 Halllo  I would exspect Hallo

As it does in Ubuntu 16.04

Does anybody else see this?

Shall I submit a bug report?

Regards

Uwe Brauer

* Re: Mac (10.15), fink,  emacs+ispell seems not too work
@ 2021-05-08  6:06 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-05-08  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
> Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 18:13:39 +0200
>
> I am running MacOS 10.5, installed fink, ispell and some dictionaries,
> such as amercian, british, german etc.
> I also either run emacs 27 from emacsforosx or a recently compiled
> version from git master
>
> However when I run ispell (or flyspell for that matter), selecting say
> the american dictonary, then running ispell buffer on some text with
> deliberate mistakes, ispell finds these mistakes, but does not who any
> alternative, for example
>
>  Halllo  I would exspect Hallo
>
> As it does in Ubuntu 16.04
>
> Does anybody else see this?
>
> Shall I submit a bug report?

The first question you'll be asked in response to a bug report will be
what does the same spell-checking program does when invoked outside of
Emacs with the same text.

What you see on Ubuntu doesn't necessarily mean anything, because the
spell-checker used as a back-end for ispell.el could be different, and
so could be the dictionaries it uses.

* Re: Mac (10.15), fink,  emacs+ispell seems not too work
@ 2021-05-08  9:42   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2021-05-08  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs