* emacs and tabs
@ 2005-11-22 17:38 Martin Klaffenboeck
From: Martin Klaffenboeck @ 2005-11-22 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there

Can I make emacs have this tabs like gedit, galeon, etc. etc. on gtk this
is the GtkNotebook widget.  Can I make emacs to have something like that?

I use the cvs version.

lg,
Martin

* Re: emacs and tabs
@ 2005-11-22 17:59 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2005-11-22 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at> writes:

> Can I make emacs have this tabs like gedit, galeon, etc. etc. on gtk this
> is the GtkNotebook widget.  Can I make emacs to have something like that?

Look for elscreen in emacswiki.

--
Bastien

* Re: emacs and tabs
@ 2005-11-22 21:25   ` Martin Klaffenboeck
From: Martin Klaffenboeck @ 2005-11-22 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:59:19 +0000 schrieb Bastien:

> Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at> writes:
>
>> Can I make emacs have this tabs like gedit, galeon, etc. etc. on gtk this
>> is the GtkNotebook widget.  Can I make emacs to have something like that?
>
> Look for elscreen in emacswiki.

It's somehow good at this point.  But it seems not to fit into gtk where
the rest of the cvs emacs does.  Hum.  Is this the only thing for that at
the moment?

Martin

* Re: emacs and tabs
@ 2005-11-22 21:31     ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2005-11-22 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:25:27 +0100
>
> Am Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:59:19 +0000 schrieb Bastien:
>
> > Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at> writes:
> >
> >> Can I make emacs have this tabs like gedit, galeon, etc. etc. on gtk this
> >> is the GtkNotebook widget.  Can I make emacs to have something like that?
> >
> > Look for elscreen in emacswiki.
>
> It's somehow good at this point.  But it seems not to fit into gtk where
> the rest of the cvs emacs does.  Hum.  Is this the only thing for that at
> the moment?

tabbar.el maybe.

<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=79309&package_id=81110>

* Re: emacs and tabs
@ 2005-11-24  4:52 ` August Karlstrom
From: August Karlstrom @ 2005-11-24  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> Can I make emacs have this tabs like gedit, galeon, etc. etc. on gtk this
> is the GtkNotebook widget.  Can I make emacs to have something like that?

Personally I find the `buffer-stack' package to be very useful
for switching between buffers (it doesn't provide tabs though):

    http://www.sixfingeredman.net/proj/xemacs/

It works with GNU Emacs as well.

My ~/.emacs contains

    (require 'cl)           ;required by buffer-stack
    (require 'buffer-stack)
    (global-set-key [C-tab] 'buffer-stack-down)
    (global-set-key [C-S-iso-lefttab] 'buffer-stack-up)

August

--
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your
signature.  This email was infected under the terms of the GNU