* See raw buffer?
@ 2007-01-21 20:49 Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-01-21 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I am editing something like a muse file, how to see the raw data
without editing it in gedit or something similar?

thanks for any pointers.

* Re: See raw buffer?
@ 2007-01-21 23:00 ` Jim Ottaway
       [not found] ` <mailman.3398.1169420500.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jim Ottaway @ 2007-01-21 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 Jan 2007, Hadron wrote:

> If I am editing something like a muse file, how to see the raw data
> without editing it in gedit or something similar?
>
> thanks for any pointers.

If you have Emacs 22, you could use 'M-x visible-mode', which makes all
invisible text visible. I use that sometimes with muse mode.

Otherwise, you could turn off font-locking with 'M-x font-lock-mode'. Or
kill the buffer and use find-file-literally to re-visit the file.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway

* Re: See raw buffer?
@ 2007-01-21 23:02 ` Xavier Maillard
       [not found] ` <mailman.3398.1169420500.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-01-21 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I am editing something like a muse file, how to see the raw data
> without editing it in gedit or something similar?

The simplest way is to open the file in an ordinary mode such as
text-mode.

Xavier

* Re: See raw buffer?
       [not found] ` <mailman.3398.1169420500.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-01-22  0:51   ` Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-01-22  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jim Ottaway <j.ottaway@lse.ac.uk> writes:

> On 21 Jan 2007, Hadron wrote:
>

>> If I am editing something like a muse file, how to see the raw data
>> without editing it in gedit or something similar?
>>
>> thanks for any pointers.
>
> If you have Emacs 22, you could use 'M-x visible-mode', which makes all
> invisible text visible. I use that sometimes with muse mode.

I do have 22, but visible mode does nothing. It say visible-mode in the
minor mode status line but muse files stay rendered as such :(

> Otherwise, you could turn off font-locking with 'M-x font-lock-mode'. Or
> kill the buffer and use find-file-literally to re-visit the file.
>
> Regards,

* Re: See raw buffer?
@ 2007-01-22  2:07     ` Charles philip Chan
From: Charles philip Chan @ 2007-01-22  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21 Jan 2007, hadronquark@gmail.com wrote:

> I do have 22, but visible mode does nothing. It say visible-mode in
> the minor mode status line but muse files stay rendered as such :(

Strange, It works here.

Charles

--
printk(KERN_WARNING MYNAM ": (bad VooDoo)\n");
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/message/fusion/mptctl.c

* Re: See raw buffer?
@ 2007-01-22 18:12   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-01-22 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> On 21 Jan 2007, Hadron wrote:
>

> > If I am editing something like a muse file, how to see the raw data
> > without editing it in gedit or something similar?
> >
> > thanks for any pointers.
>
> If you have Emacs 22, you could use 'M-x visible-mode', which makes all
> invisible text visible. I use that sometimes with muse mode.

Really nice ! I did not know about this mode.

Thank you.

Xavier

* Re: See raw buffer?
@ 2007-01-22 22:16       ` Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-01-22 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Charles philip Chan" <cpchan@sympatico.ca> writes:

> On 21 Jan 2007, hadronquark@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I do have 22, but visible mode does nothing. It say visible-mode in
>> the minor mode status line but muse files stay rendered as such :(
>
> Strange, It works here.
>
> Charles

text-mode does it though.