* Weird tramp scp permissions issue with
@ 2008-11-07 17:30 Ian Eure
From: Ian Eure @ 2008-11-07 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Any file I create on a remote host using tramp's scp method gets a
mode of 0600, rather than the 0644 I would like. If I use the (slower)
ssh method, the file gets the correct mode.

What seems to be happening is that the local file gets created with
0600, which is preserved when it's SCP'd over. Indeed, 'tramp-methods
shows that the `-p' argument is passed to scp, which does exactly this.

My umask is 0022 on both ends, which is correct. So tramp seems to be
creating the file with 0600 before it copies it.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

  - Ian