Hi, I an running Emacs 23.1.1 on arch linux. I start the emacs daemon in my ~/.xinit file (emacs --daemon &) and can open new emacsclients in the terminal with no problems, but when I try $ emacslient -c the line "Waiting for Emacs..." is printed and nothing else. If I add the -n option: $ emacsclient -nc *ERROR*: Undefined color: "unspecified-bg" So I tried starting the emacs daemon without my init file and everything is fine -- I can open graphical emacsclients. This seems weird because I can open a new (X or terminal) emacs without getting any complaints about the init file. I thought about adding my init stuff back in gradually but there's rather a lot of it, and I wondered if there is a better way to debug this problem? Thanks,