* Multi-line comments and comment-region
@ 2014-06-14 16:54 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-06-14 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi List,

when I uncomment this in a C buffer

,----------------------------------------------------------------------
| /* Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec
| hendrerit tempor tellus. Donec pretium posuere tellus. Proin quam
| nisl, tincidunt et, mattis eget, convallis nec, purus. Cum sociis
| natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus
| mus. Nulla posuere. Donec vitae dolor. Nullam tristique diam non
| turpis. Cras placerat accumsan nulla. Nullam rutrum. Nam vestibulum
| accumsan nisl. */
`----------------------------------------------------------------------

and then call comment-region on it again, I get:

,-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| /* Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec */
| /* hendrerit tempor tellus. Donec pretium posuere tellus. Proin quam */
| /* nisl, tincidunt et, mattis eget, convallis nec, purus. Cum sociis */
| /* natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus */
| /* mus. Nulla posuere. Donec vitae dolor. Nullam tristique diam non */
| /* turpis. Cras placerat accumsan nulla. Nullam rutrum. Nam vestibulum */
| /* accumsan nisl. */
`-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where/how is this behaviour controlled? Is that major-mode specific or
generic (for all modes with different comment-styles including
multi-line comments)?

Which style is the recommended one?

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Multi-line comments and comment-region
@ 2014-06-15  2:05 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-06-15  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Where/how is this behaviour controlled?

C-h v comment-style

> Which style is the recommended one?

The one you like if it's your own personal code.
Otherwise, it usually depends on those who setup the coding convention
of the project on which you're working (which usually boils down to
"the one that the original author liked").