From: mrf <joinlaw@cock.li>
To: Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Running makefiles from emacs
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 10:44:02 +0300	[thread overview]

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor writes:

> mrf wrote:
>
>>> What is a "single source code program"?
>>
>> That's when you share small programs without makefile or
>> compile script (or any build system actullay) which is also
>> useful for code snippets
>
> There is a name for that, really?

I don't know this how I describe it (I'm not english native person)

> And even so, isn't the idea they should be integrated as
> building blocks into other, bigger projects?

>> where code snippets include their own compile command in the
>> top of file as local file variable:
>>
>> https://themrfantastic.gitlab.io/blending-modes.html
>
> Yes, I see ... but I still don't understand why one would do
> that or what this is suppose to illustrate?

This small pieces of code used to demo some features or techniques and
In my post I illustrate the blending modes using Netpbm format which is
easy and not compressed image format comes in both binary and ASCII
variations and It's 8bit (1 byte per color channel).

If you know blending modes in GIMP you can see the pictures and
understand it.

> Heh, C with pointer arithmetic and explicit memory
> management... Preprocessor functions aren't mandatory even in
> C tho, or am I wrong ? yes : no.

Will those are small examples and I'm libreal in writing them and I do
that so I can declare them as global variables (Although I forget
to make them static even that is not important) and not care about
including them as parameters to functions also the memory are
dynamically allocated so because I load pictures in the commandline.

Stack arrays are limited and passing them to function will make lose it
size information with sizeof (even tho I can store in other var).

Preprocessor functions are awesome and they can improve performance (and
sometimes make debugging harder).

If you have any suggestion or comment about that send me private message
or in comment section of the post.