* capitalize all letters in region
@ 2006-10-23  0:52 Gary Wessle
From: Gary Wessle @ 2006-10-23  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I tried capitalize-region but it only capitalized the first letter of
a group of letters. but I want it to change
abc/def to ABC/DEF

how is this done?

thanks

* Re: capitalize all letters in region
@ 2006-10-23  2:05 ` Hadron Quark
From: Hadron Quark @ 2006-10-23  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gary Wessle <phddas@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I TRIED CAPITALIZE-REGION BUT IT ONLY CAPITALIZED THE FIRST LETTER OF
> A GROUP OF LETTERS. BUT I WANT IT TO CHANGE
> ABC/DEF TO ABC/DEF
>
> HOW IS THIS DONE?
>
> THANKS

C-u C-h a case

leads us to "upcase-region"

one option anyway.

* Re: capitalize all letters in region
@ 2006-10-23  2:06 ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2006-10-23  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23 Oct 2006 10:52:45 +1000 Gary Wessle wrote:

> Hi
>
> I tried capitalize-region but it only capitalized the first letter of
> a group of letters. but I want it to change
> abc/def to ABC/DEF
>
> how is this done?

upcase-region is an interactive built-in function in `C source code'.
It is bound to C-x C-u.
(upcase-region BEG END)

Convert the region to upper case.  In programs, wants two arguments.
These arguments specify the starting and ending character numbers of
the region to operate on.  When used as a command, the text between
point and the mark is operated on.
See also `capitalize-region'.

David

* Re: capitalize all letters in region
@ 2006-10-23  2:09 ` Magnus Henoch
From: Magnus Henoch @ 2006-10-23  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gary Wessle <phddas@yahoo.com> writes:

> I tried capitalize-region but it only capitalized the first letter of
> a group of letters. but I want it to change
> abc/def to ABC/DEF
>
> how is this done?

upcase-region, C-x C-u.

Magnus