* anything and ctags-exuberant
@ 2008-10-16 20:37 Richard Riley
       [not found] ` <mailman.1289.1224229792.25473.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-10-16 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Has anyone out there got a working ctags-exuberant implementation
plugged into "anything" ? The ctags version in here does not work for
me:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/RubikitchAnythingConfiguration

I would use anything-gtags but that does not support elisp unfortunately.

regards

r.

--
The greatest task before civilization at present is to make machines what they ought to be, the slaves, instead of the masters of men.  ~Havelock Ellis

* Re: anything and ctags-exuberant
@ 2008-10-17  7:45 ` Thierry Volpiatto
       [not found] ` <mailman.1289.1224229792.25473.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2008-10-17  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> Has anyone out there got a working ctags-exuberant implementation
> plugged into "anything" ? The ctags version in here does not work for
> me:
No didn't try it yet.
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/RubikitchAnythingConfiguration
>
> I would use anything-gtags but that does not support elisp unfortunately.
You can use with elisp anything+imenu that work very well.

--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France

@ 2008-10-18  0:23   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-10-18  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Has anyone out there got a working ctags-exuberant implementation
>> plugged into "anything" ? The ctags version in here does not work for
>> me:
> No didn't try it yet.
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/RubikitchAnythingConfiguration
>>
>> I would use anything-gtags but that does not support elisp unfortunately.
> You can use with elisp anything+imenu that work very well.
>
>> regards
>>
>> r.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had to revert to pre4 release of CEDET as
the CVS version impeded imenu building its tags references. In addition
the imenu support in anything-config.el did not work. Instead I copied
the code code directly from the sources wiki here:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AnythingSources#toc1

Works fine now,

regards

r.

--
If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger.  ~Frank Lloyd Wright

* Re: anything and ctags-exuberant
@ 2008-10-18  6:42     ` Thierry Volpiatto
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2008-10-18  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Has anyone out there got a working ctags-exuberant implementation
>>> plugged into "anything" ? The ctags version in here does not work for
>>> me:
>> No didn't try it yet.
>>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/RubikitchAnythingConfiguration
>>>
>>> I would use anything-gtags but that does not support elisp unfortunately.
>> You can use with elisp anything+imenu that work very well.
>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> r.
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I had to revert to pre4 release of CEDET as
> the CVS version impeded imenu building its tags references. In addition
> the imenu support in anything-config.el did not work. Instead I copied
> the code code directly from the sources wiki here:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AnythingSources#toc1

You can also use my sources for imenu (types, functions, variables)
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Anything#toc14

There is a small error of pasting:

,----
| (defvar anything-c-imenu-cache-types nil)
| (make-variable-buffer-local 'anything-c-imenu-cache-var) ==> replace by:
| (make-variable-buffer-local 'anything-c-imenu-cache-types)
`----

I will correct it today.