* Undebuggable error "progn: Beginning of buffer" with eglot + markdown-mode (for eldoc)
@ 2023-12-31 14:26 Nafiz Islam
From: Nafiz Islam @ 2023-12-31 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm currently running from master branch with version:
GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.33,
cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-12-26

I'm using eglot for LSP, markdown-mode for eldoc rendering and rust-mode
for rust support.
The error I've been facing is that when I click on a link in an eldoc
buffer created with `eldoc-doc-buffer' (C-h .), it flashes and prints
"progn: Beginning of buffer" in the *Messages* buffer.
But, when I execute `toggle-debug-on-error' backtrace doesn't appear, and
when I execute `(setq debug-on-message "progn")', backtrace doesn't appear
either.

I guess it's a bug that backtraces do not show up?

* Re: Undebuggable error "progn: Beginning of buffer" with eglot + markdown-mode (for eldoc)
@ 2024-01-01  3:52 ` Michael Heerdegen via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Michael Heerdegen via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2024-01-01  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nafiz Islam <nafiz.islam1001@gmail.com> writes:

> I guess it's a bug that backtraces do not show up?

There are cases where this is expected.

First, check `debug-ignored-errors', the default value is a list
containing the symbol `beginning-of-buffer` -  which means that this error
will normally not lead to a debugger activation.  Remove it (or just set the
option value to nil).

Michael.