* Die IDN!
@ 2007-11-27 22:04 Joel J. Adamson
       [not found] ` <mailman.4240.1196258600.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2007-11-27 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there some way I can automatically kill idn: it comes on when I use
org mode, then ties up my flash drive (i.e. process doesn't die when
it's done doing whatever it does).  The same thing happens with aspell
(but only when I invoke ispell).  I'm not sure which Emacs function
starts idn, although obviously ispell starts aspell.

I'm using Emacs 23.0.6 on Slackware Linux 12.0.

Thanks,
Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

* Re: Die IDN!
@ 2007-11-28 14:03 ` Magnus Henoch
       [not found] ` <mailman.4240.1196258600.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Magnus Henoch @ 2007-11-28 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

jadamson@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson) writes:

> Is there some way I can automatically kill idn: it comes on when I use
> org mode, then ties up my flash drive (i.e. process doesn't die when
> it's done doing whatever it does).  The same thing happens with aspell
> (but only when I invoke ispell).  I'm not sure which Emacs function
> starts idn, although obviously ispell starts aspell.

Not automatically, but at least interactively:

(defun delete-process-interactively (process)
  "Delete PROCESS.  Query interactively."
  (interactive (list
		(completing-read-multiple
		 "Delete process(es): "
		 (mapcar #'(lambda (p)
			     (cons (process-name p) nil))
			 (process-list))
		 nil t)))
  (mapc 'delete-process process))

Magnus

* Re: Die IDN!
       [not found] ` <mailman.4240.1196258600.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-11-28 15:58   ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2007-11-28 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Magnus Henoch <mange@freemail.hu> writes:

> jadamson@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson) writes:
>
>> Is there some way I can automatically kill idn: it comes on when I use
>> org mode, then ties up my flash drive (i.e. process doesn't die when
>> it's done doing whatever it does).  The same thing happens with aspell
>> (but only when I invoke ispell).  I'm not sure which Emacs function
>> starts idn, although obviously ispell starts aspell.
>
> Not automatically, but at least interactively:

Thanks, that's a step in the right direction.

Joel