From: Danny Freeman <danny@dfreeman.email>
To: husain@alshehhi.io
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: RE: Parsing JDT:// scheme in Eglot
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 18:11:52 -0500	[thread overview]

> Hello,
>
> I have not seen anything related to this issue in this mailing list.
>
> I am using eglot with [JDT] for LSP support. It is working, mostly: it is able
> to locate definitions and help. It is able to find references as well. The
> issue is that if the definition is in a dependency, eglot does not show the
> definition.
>
> After investigating the issue, this appears to be because JDT returns paths on
> the format `jdt://' which eglot is not able to interpret. Eglot takes them as
> normal files, opens them, which end up to be an empty file (since it does not
> correspond to a file in the filesystem.)
>
> This appears to be an issue solved in lsp-java by writing some [special parser]
> for JDT scheme. nvim-jdtls seems to have done [something similar] (I am not
> certain of this since I do not use nvim.)
>
> How to enable this support in eglot?
>
> I did see a [discussion on github] about warning about this issue in the log,
> and it refers to [a commit on emacs] and the bug [58790]. My understanding of
> LSP protocol details is small to understand what is going on here.
>
> Thanks,
> Husain

Hey Husain,

I saw your issue over in the JDT LS github repository, where I've been
talking to one of the contributors
(link: https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.ls/issues/2322)

I've also opened up a ticket in the eglot-java bug tracker, where I
think might be a good place to implement a solution:
https://github.com/yveszoundi/eglot-java/issues/6
so feel free to follow that discussion.

--
Danny Freeman