* emacs / xterm
@ 2009-09-15 16:15 Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2009-09-15 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

[First, please forgive the monster vague question.]

What does it take to get a fully functional shell?

I just ran woman interactively and not only didn't get my old message
about the shell not being fully functional, but didn't get the default
colors that I used to.  (I have only `(setq woman-use-own-frame nil)' in
my dotemacs.)

I'm blurring the subject ...

But my question has been a nagging one since I discovered .Xresources
and the beautiful---practical and otherwise---editor that GNU/Emacs is
run in an Xterm.

I'll do the reading, I just cannot find what to read.

* Re: emacs / xterm
@ 2009-09-16  7:25 ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2009-09-16  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> wrote:

> What does it take to get a fully functional shell?

M-x term

> I just ran woman interactively and not only didn't get my old message
> about the shell not being fully functional, but didn't get the default
> colors that I used to.  (I have only `(setq woman-use-own-frame nil)' in
> my dotemacs.)

You do "man command" within term, you should get the right colors.

> I'm blurring the subject ...

Yes, I am not sure I am answering your question...

Take care,
--
Ivan
Kanis http://kanis.fr

The average American 10-year old recognizes less than three species of
tree but more than 150 different corporate logos.
    -- Anonymous, Harper's Index