* Rotating through buffer list
@ 2004-06-07  2:31 David H McCracken
From: David H McCracken @ 2004-06-07  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some versions of MicroEmacs have a next-buffer function to rotate through
the open files but I can't find anything like this in GNU EMACS. Is there
any way to do this other than by selecting each file from the buffer
list?

* Re: Rotating through buffer list
@ 2004-06-07 19:53 Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2004-06-07 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Use cyclebuffer.el from the emacs lisp list or bs.el which ships
with emacs.

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:31:19 -0500
Ryan Bowman writes on help-gnu-emacs:

   I redefined C-x C-b to bs-show which is a much better
   buffer listing with lots of commands for dealing with
   and switching to buffers.  The file bs.el (should be
   included with emacs) also includes commands for
   cycling the buffer forward and backward, which I bound
   to M-n and M-p, they also show a list (in the
   minibuffer) of the buffers in the order they will be
   cycled through. They are bs-cycle-next and
   bs-cycle-previous.