* Install MH and run install-mh before running MH-E
@ 2006-04-21 21:04 Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-04-21 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I got the error: "Install MH and run install-mh before running MH-E"
when run mh-rmail. Any ideas?

--
Leon

* Re: Install MH and run install-mh before running MH-E
       [not found] <mailman.733.1145653333.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-04-26 23:13 ` Giorgos Keramidas
From: Giorgos Keramidas @ 2006-04-26 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:04:49 +0100, Leon <sdl.web@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I got the error: "Install MH and run install-mh before running MH-E"
> when run mh-rmail. Any ideas?

The MH-E package of Emacs is an `interface' for the MH mail suite.  You
can't use MH-E without having a working and configured MH installation.
This is what the error message means.

The installation of the MH mail suite depends on what your operating
system is, which version you are running, etc.  Can you give us more
details about your current setup?

- Giorgos

* Re: Install MH and run install-mh before running MH-E
@ 2006-04-27 18:59   ` Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-04-27 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> writes:

> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:04:49 +0100, Leon <sdl.web@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I got the error: "Install MH and run install-mh before running MH-E"
>> when run mh-rmail. Any ideas?
>
> The MH-E package of Emacs is an `interface' for the MH mail suite.  You
> can't use MH-E without having a working and configured MH installation.
> This is what the error message means.
>
> The installation of the MH mail suite depends on what your operating
> system is, which version you are running, etc.  Can you give us more
> details about your current setup?
>
> - Giorgos

I have installed nmh in my fedora core 5. Now I can use mh-rmail in
emacs with no problem, still haven't figured out how to get emails
though.

Leon