* How do attachments in message-mode work?
@ 2018-03-12 12:49 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2018-03-12 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I know that attachments in message-mode are just inserted strings of the
form like

"<hash part type="image/jpeg" filename="..." disposition=attachment>
<hash /part>"

where "hash" is an actual hash character.

Where can I find the code responsible for parsing them?  I'd like to
know whether I could add another attribute (like "type", "filename", or
"disposition") and be sure it is going to be ignored.  (I want to hack
adding attachments so that the size is displayed along with other data.
I'd like also to change faces a bit, so that the values of the
attributes are more prominent, but I do not expect any troubles there.)

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl

* Re: How do attachments in message-mode work?
       [not found] <mailman.10456.1520859044.27995.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2018-03-12 13:18 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2018-03-12 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> "<hash part type="image/jpeg" filename="..."
> disposition=attachment> <hash /part>"
>
> where "hash" is an actual hash character.
>
> Where can I find the code responsible for
> parsing them?

Somewhere/-time after `message-send' so dig
from there...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: How do attachments in message-mode work?
@ 2018-03-12 14:12 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2018-03-12 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi all,
>
> I know that attachments in message-mode are just inserted strings of the
> form like
>
> "<hash part type="image/jpeg" filename="..." disposition=attachment>
> <hash /part>"
>
> where "hash" is an actual hash character.
>
> Where can I find the code responsible for parsing them?  I'd like to
> know whether I could add another attribute (like "type", "filename", or
> "disposition") and be sure it is going to be ignored.  (I want to hack
> adding attachments so that the size is displayed along with other data.
> I'd like also to change faces a bit, so that the values of the
> attributes are more prominent, but I do not expect any troubles there.)

It's all in mml.el, specifically mml-parse-1. Good luck.

Robert

* Re: How do attachments in message-mode work?
@ 2018-03-18  7:40   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2018-03-18  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 2018-03-12, at 14:18, Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
>> "<hash part type="image/jpeg" filename="..."
>> disposition=attachment> <hash /part>"
>>
>> where "hash" is an actual hash character.
>>
>> Where can I find the code responsible for
>> parsing them?
>
> Somewhere/-time after `message-send' so dig
> from there...

That I knew...

From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2018-03-18  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2018-03-12, at 15:12, Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I know that attachments in message-mode are just inserted strings of the
>> form like
>>
>> "<hash part type="image/jpeg" filename="..." disposition=attachment>
>> <hash /part>"
>>
>> where "hash" is an actual hash character.
>>
>> Where can I find the code responsible for parsing them?  I'd like to
>> know whether I could add another attribute (like "type", "filename", or
>> "disposition") and be sure it is going to be ignored.  (I want to hack
>> adding attachments so that the size is displayed along with other data.
>> I'd like also to change faces a bit, so that the values of the
>> attributes are more prominent, but I do not expect any troubles there.)
>
> It's all in mml.el, specifically mml-parse-1. Good luck.

Well, thanks.

Actually, I succeeded.  I will blog about it one day.

Thanks

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl