* Shortkeys to make mousewheel work??
@ 2004-11-12 10:56 JS
From: JS @ 2004-11-12 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any short keys in emacs that makes the mouse wheel work? I have a
mousewheel command in my .emacs file but I was wondering if it was possible
to make it work just by pressing som shortkey.

Johs

* Re: Shortkeys to make mousewheel work??
@ 2004-11-12 14:17 ` Christian Plate
       [not found] ` <mailman.2336.1100269606.8225.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Christian Plate @ 2004-11-12 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there any short keys in emacs that makes the mouse wheel work?

I have
 (mouse-wheel-mode)
in my .emacs. This way the mouse-wheel is enabled by default.

HTH,
  Christian

@ 2004-11-12 15:24   ` JS
From: JS @ 2004-11-12 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Christian Plate" <cplate@synyx.de> skrev i en meddelelse

> > Is there any short keys in emacs that makes the mouse wheel work?
>
> I have
>  (mouse-wheel-mode)
> in my .emacs. This way the mouse-wheel is enabled by default.
>
> HTH,
>   Christian

yes I know that is possible, but I wanted to know if there were any short
keys that made it work without having to edit the .emac file.

@ 2004-11-12 15:50 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2004-11-12 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

"JS" <dsa.@asdf.com> writes:

> Is there any short keys in emacs that makes the mouse wheel work? I have a
> mousewheel command in my .emacs file but I was wondering if it was possible
> to make it work just by pressing som shortkey.

How about <up> and <down>?

* Re: Shortkeys to make mousewheel work??
@ 2004-11-12 19:34     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2004-11-12 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

JS wrote:
 > "Christian Plate" <cplate@synyx.de> skrev i en meddelelse
 >>I have
 >> (mouse-wheel-mode)
 >>in my .emacs. This way the mouse-wheel is enabled by default.

No, that toggles it from its previous state.  To unconditionally turn it
on: (mouse-wheel-mode 1)

 > yes I know that is possible, but I wanted to know if there were any short
 > keys that made it work without having to edit the .emac file.

C-u M-x mouse-wheel-mode RET

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: Shortkeys to make mousewheel work??
@ 2004-11-14 12:48     ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-11-14 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"JS" <dsa.@asdf.com> writes:

> yes I know that is possible, but I wanted to know if there were any short
> keys that made it work without having to edit the .emac file.

Given that it doesn't hurt to turn on mouse wheel support always, I'm
having some trouble to imagine why it would be bad to put a line in
.emacs.  Can you explain?

You can type M-x mouse-wheel-mode RET to toggle mouse wheel support.
Does that help?

Kai