* strange problem pasting from Opera into Emacs
@ 2003-01-07  7:21 Robert L. Knighten
From: Robert L. Knighten @ 2003-01-07  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

The setup is Emacs version 21.2.1 on Linux version 2.4.18-6mdk
(quintela@bi.mandrakesoft.com) (gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Mandrake Linux 8.2
2.96-0.76mdk)) #1 Fri Mar 15 02:59:08 CET 2002 and Opera Version 6.1 Preview 1
Build 248.

The problem is that when text is cut from an Opera window and then pasted into
an Emacs buffer each and every line has a ctl-M (^M) at the end!  This does
not happen when pasting into other applications.

What makes this even more strange is that this is happening on my wife's
system, but not on mine even though we have very nearly identical
configurations.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thank you for any and all help.

-- Bob

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-01-07  7:21 UTC | newest]