* emacs on windows
@ 2008-02-03  2:23 rustom
From: rustom @ 2008-02-03  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am an old emacs-on-linux dog who has difficulty using windows.  For
various reasons I need to program in windows.

Some egs. of my problems

-- M-x shell shows all kinds of control characters
-- Paths are /-separated some places and \-separated others

and so on and so forth.

So some questions:
1. Is there some help/wiki etc for folks like me -- migrating from
linux to windows?
2. Do people using emacs on windows prefer cygwin-emacs to native
windows emacs?

Thanks