* Is it possible to use emacsclient as the Gnome system editor?
@ 2006-11-21 13:22 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2006-11-21 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Platform: Intel Pentium M, Ubuntu Dapper,
	  Gnome desktop (2.14.3-0ubuntu1)
	  emacs21 21.4a-3ubuntu2

I'm trying to use emacsclient, instead of gedit, as the default Gnome
text editor.

Googling found me this howto:

But this requires that there is a .desktop entry for the replacement
editor.  On my system there is an emacs21.desktop.  But using that
would fire up a new emacs for each file opened, and that's not what I
want.

So what I wonder is: is it possible to create an emacsclient.desktop
entry?  Or is desktop entry for emacsclient a meaningless concept?

Basically: Is it possible to use emacsclient as the Gnome system
editor?

Thanx!

- Steinar

[parent not found: <mailman.934.1164115395.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]