* Re: envvars not being inherited everywhere
       [not found] <mailman.8291.1056060536.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-06-20  6:59 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-20  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> writes:

> Maybe help me to describe the  problem with enough precision. I like the
> way Stefan points it:

I would say something like the following:

    I put "export CVS_RSH=ssh" into the file ~/.foo.  Then I log in
    via kdm/gdm/xdm and start a shell.  Typing "echo $CVS_RSH" into
    that shell gives me ssh.  Good.  I invoke Emacs from that shell.
    Typing M-: (getenv "CVS_RSH") RET into that Emacs gives me ssh.
    Good.  I invoke Emacs from the menu.  Now typing M-: (getenv
    "CVS_RSH") RET gives me nil.  Bad.

--
This line is not blank.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-20  6:59 UTC | newest]