* eshell completers?
@ 2002-11-30 19:30 clemens fischer
From: clemens fischer @ 2002-11-30 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

i tried eshell's info pages (as lacking^Wcontained in the emacs CVS
version), googled for it, even read thru the sources.

i need an eshell completer for the type of external commands that
issue all kinds of helpful information themselves that just needs to
be parsed out.  prime candidates:  "./configure --help", "openssl
-help" or "[g]make" (if simply collecting all words that start off a
line in the Makefile, ending in a colon).  i got the completers ready
for the bash, but don't know how to get it done in eshell.

any pointers?

  clemens

* Re: eshell completers?
@ 2002-12-01 13:40 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-01 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

clemens fischer <ino-qc@spotteswoode.de.eu.org> writes:

> i need an eshell completer for the type of external commands that
> issue all kinds of helpful information themselves that just needs to
> be parsed out.  prime candidates:  "./configure --help", "openssl
> -help" or "[g]make" (if simply collecting all words that start off a
> line in the Makefile, ending in a colon).  i got the completers ready
> for the bash, but don't know how to get it done in eshell.

`make' works out of the box on my system.

For the others, hm...  I'm afraid you've got to do it yourself.
pcomplete is another library that you might want to look at -- eshell
uses it.