* Can I make the assumption that xemacs .el files work with emacs?
@ 2003-02-15 21:27 Craig Jennings
From: Craig Jennings @ 2003-02-15 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

So, not being familiar with the differences between xemacs and emacs,
I downloaded the javascript-mode.el and began playing with it.

The assumption that I'd LIKE to make is that all .el files that work
with xemacs will also work with emacs. I see no reason to think
otherwise, but I thought I'd ask.

-- Craig

* Re: Can I make the assumption that xemacs .el files work with emacs?
@ 2003-02-16 10:02 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-02-16 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Craig Jennings" <cjennings@yahoo.com> writes:

> The assumption that I'd LIKE to make is that all .el files that work
> with xemacs will also work with emacs. I see no reason to think
> otherwise, but I thought I'd ask.

Don't make that assumption.  It's wrong.

It's possible to write *.el files that work on both flavors, and many
people write them like this, but it's also possible to write *.el
files that work on only one flavor.  (It's possible to write portable
C code, but not all C code is portable.  Same thing.)
--
A turnip curses Elvis