* Big trouble with emacs
@ 2003-04-29 22:06 Marco
From: Marco @ 2003-04-29 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm in trouble... EMACS DOESN'T SHOW COLORS, JUST GRAY AND WHITE.
Both under X and outside of it.
I was trying to change the font face under X, by editing .Xdefaults in my home
directory. Then, I've deleted .Xresources and .emacs in my home directory.
Now, for all users, emacs doesn't use colors.

Please help me!!!

* Re: Big trouble with emacs
       [not found] <mailman.5380.1051654349.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-04-30 14:07 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-30 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marco <brbromo@tin.it> writes:

> I'm in trouble... EMACS DOESN'T SHOW COLORS, JUST GRAY AND WHITE.
> Both under X and outside of it.

Hm?

Type C-h i d.  I see some bold bits of text, and some of them are in
different colors.

Open a C source code file and type M-1 M-x font-lock-mode RET.

Do you see color at all?  Show us a screenshot if not.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)

* Re: Big trouble with emacs
@ 2003-04-30 14:43   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-30 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Marco <brbromo@tin.it> writes:
>
>> I'm in trouble... EMACS DOESN'T SHOW COLORS, JUST GRAY AND WHITE.
>> Both under X and outside of it.
>
> Hm?

Type M-x list-colors-display RET.  Do you see colors?

--

@ 2003-05-01  8:02 ` Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2003-05-01  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marco <brbromo@tin.it> writes:

> I'm in trouble... EMACS DOESN'T SHOW COLORS, JUST GRAY AND WHITE.
> Both under X and outside of it.  I was trying to change the font
> face under X, by editing .Xdefaults in my home directory. Then, I've
> deleted .Xresources and .emacs in my home directory.  Now, for all
> users, emacs doesn't use colors.
>
> Please help me!!!

Do you see colors when you add

(global-font-lock-mode t)

to your `.emacs'?

Lute.

--
(spook) => "Comirex number key hackers"
(insert-file-contents "~/.signature") => (error "`~/.signature' too rude")