* Emacs - xemacs question
@ 2002-11-21  9:25 Urban Gabor
From: Urban Gabor @ 2002-11-21  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I am using both emacs and Xemacs on my linux machine. I
have a simple problem, the answer may be too easy :-)).

The emacs works properly as I have set in the config file
(line-number mode, K&R style in C/C++ mode, etc). Though
Xemacs uses the same settings, it is not working the same.

Any ideas? CC the answers me,  please.

Gabaux
Linux is like a wigwam: no gates, no windows, and an apache
inside!

* Re: Emacs - xemacs question
       [not found] <mailman.1037870783.12561.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-11-23 21:08 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-23 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Urban Gabor <gabaux@freemail.hu> writes:

> The emacs works properly as I have set in the config file
> (line-number mode, K&R style in C/C++ mode, etc). Though
> Xemacs uses the same settings, it is not working the same.

Recent versions of XEmacs read ~/.xemacs/init.el (and some other
files) if it exists, instead of ~/.emacs.  Does this help?

I'm fishing in the dark.  If this does not help, please provide more
data, such as Emacs and XEmacs versions, CC mode versions in both
cases, contents of ~/.emacs and of other init files, description of
the different behavior.

kai