* How do I change font size in emacs?
@ 2003-06-06 23:15 Hui Zheng
From: Hui Zheng @ 2003-06-06 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: How do I change font size in emacs?
       [not found] <mailman.7509.1054942583.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-06-08  4:57 ` Kin Cho
From: Kin Cho @ 2003-06-08  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Take a look at the help for the modify-frame-parameters function.

A faster way is to search your question with google.

-kin

@ 2003-06-08 11:00 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-08 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

S-down-mouse-1 gives you a font menu.
It means to hold down shift, then press the left mouse button.
--
This line is not blank.

@ 2003-06-08 13:49 ` Sam Halliday
From: Sam Halliday @ 2003-06-08 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> How do I change font size in emacs?

add something like

(set-default-font
"-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal-*-*-140-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1")

to your ~/.emacs (assuming you're running an X server based emacs). if
you are a windows user, the above form of a font definition may confuse
you... if you use X, you will know that the 140 is the font size and
that is what you want to edit. this is my setting, i cant remember the
default font setting that emacs ships with...

or you can use the config menu in emacs, but i prefer to make all
changes to the .emacs

Sam