* Quiting daemon in emacsw32
@ 2009-08-20 16:09 Farhan Ahmed
       [not found] ` <mailman.5042.1250865666.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Farhan Ahmed @ 2009-08-20 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

How does one quit the emacs daemon on Windows? I am using the emacsw32
port on Windows and once the daemon is up and running, it seems like the
only way to exit it is to forcibly kill it.

Any cleaner ways of doing this?

Farhan

* Re: Quiting daemon in emacsw32
       [not found] <mailman.5014.1250859771.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-08-21 14:29 ` Anselm Helbig
From: Anselm Helbig @ 2009-08-21 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

At Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:09:38 -0700 (PDT),
"Farhan Ahmed" <farhan@alienfluid.com> wrote:

> How does one quit the emacs daemon on Windows? I am using the emacsw32
> port on Windows and once the daemon is up and running, it seems like the
> only way to exit it is to forcibly kill it.
>
> Any cleaner ways of doing this?

How about M-x kill-emacs ?

--
Anselm Helbig
mailto:anselm.helbig+news2009@googlemail.com

* Re: Quiting daemon in emacsw32
@ 2009-08-21 14:33 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.5042.1250865666.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2009-08-21 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:09:38 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Farhan Ahmed" <farhan@alienfluid.com>
>
> How does one quit the emacs daemon on Windows? I am using the emacsw32
> port on Windows and once the daemon is up and running, it seems like the
> only way to exit it is to forcibly kill it.

What "emacs daemon on Windows"?  Emacs doesn't support the -daemon
switch on Windows, so how did you get Emacs to start in daemon mode?

@ 2009-08-22  3:13   ` Xah Lee
From: Xah Lee @ 2009-08-22  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Aug 21, 7:33 am, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:09:38 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: "Farhan Ahmed" <far...@alienfluid.com>
>
> > How does one quit the emacs daemon on Windows? I am using the emacsw32
> > port on Windows and once the daemon is up and running, it seems like the
> > only way to exit it is to forcibly kill it.
>
> What "emacs daemon on Windows"?  Emacs doesn't support the -daemon
> switch on Windows, so how did you get Emacs to start in daemon mode?

LOL Eli. It can be started by M-x server-start.

 Xah

* Re: Quiting daemon in emacsw32
@ 2009-08-22  8:04     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2009-08-22  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 20:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
>
> On Aug 21, 7:33 am, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > > Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:09:38 -0700 (PDT)
> > > From: "Farhan Ahmed" <far...@alienfluid.com>
> >
> > > How does one quit the emacs daemon on Windows? I am using the emacsw32
> > > port on Windows and once the daemon is up and running, it seems like the
> > > only way to exit it is to forcibly kill it.
> >
> > What "emacs daemon on Windows"?  Emacs doesn't support the -daemon
> > switch on Windows, so how did you get Emacs to start in daemon mode?
>
> LOL Eli. It can be started by M-x server-start.

That's not the daemon mode, that's the server mode.  It can be stopped
by `(server-mode -1)'.