* Sourcing X11 for an Emacs configure/make/make install
@ 2023-10-24 22:46 William Gray
From: William Gray @ 2023-10-24 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Good afternoon,

Are there any flags for the ./configure in emacs-28.2 that can be used to
specify a location to source X11 bits from? I'm trying to install a
GUI-capable emacs-28.2 onto a CentOS 7 server that doesn't have X11, so I'd
like to source the X11 bits for the emacs build from a different CentOS 7
computer on the network (which can be reached with a simple filepath).

Barring that, is there any way to build on one computer and transfer
everything to the server? Previous attempts have failed due to hard links
pointing to locations on the source computer that don't exist on the
destination server.
--
William Gray
Operations Systems Administrator at Dreamworks

* Re: Sourcing X11 for an Emacs configure/make/make install
@ 2023-10-28 10:47 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-10-28 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: William Gray <william.gray@dreamworks.com>
> Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:46:06 -0700
>
> Are there any flags for the ./configure in emacs-28.2 that can be used to
> specify a location to source X11 bits from? I'm trying to install a
> GUI-capable emacs-28.2 onto a CentOS 7 server that doesn't have X11, so I'd
> like to source the X11 bits for the emacs build from a different CentOS 7
> computer on the network (which can be reached with a simple filepath).

Did you try to use the --x-includes=DIR option of the configure
script?

You can see all the optional flags and variables if you invoke

  $ ./configure --help