* Re: [QUESTION] why there is a horizontal line in middle of text-property displayed image?
       [not found] <m2illt5rzj.fsf@numbchild@gmail.com>
@ 2022-09-12 16:46 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found]   ` <m2pmg0f2un.fsf@numbchild@gmail.com>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2022-09-12 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: "Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 08:54:11 +0800
>
> Question: As the email subject said.

Does this happen with any image file?  If not, can you post the file
with which it happens, or tell where one can download it?

If it happens with any image file, does it happen in "emacs -Q"?

I tried to reproduce this with some random image file, but didn't see
any such center-line.

* [ISSUE]  there is a horizontal line in middle of text-property displayed image?
@ 2022-09-13  1:56   ` Christopher M. Miles
       [not found]   ` <m2pmg0f2un.fsf@numbchild@gmail.com>
From: Christopher M. Miles @ 2022-09-13  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: "Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com>
>> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 08:54:11 +0800
>>
>> Question: As the email subject said.
>
> Does this happen with any image file?  If not, can you post the file
> with which it happens, or tell where one can download it?

It happens on all images which I using text-property to display that is
from Emacs package "org-link-beautify" https://repo.or.cz/org-link-beautify.git.

This package will generate and display a thumbnail image for org-mode
file: link of a video file.

> If it happens with any image file, does it happen in "emacs -Q"?

It happens in "emacs -Q" too. Here is the screenshot show the original
image has no horizontal center line. But in Emacs displayed has a line.

[-- Attachment #1.2: screenshot --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 1187287 bytes --]

> I tried to reproduce this with some random image file, but didn't see
> any such center-line.

Not image file, I use org-mode's command ~org-toggle-inline-images~ to
display image links are also fine has no center-line. But images
displayed in text-property has center-line. *NOTE*: happens on
text-property displayed images.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(put-text-property start end
                   'display (create-image thumbnail nil nil :ascent 'center :max-height thumbnail-size))
#+end_src

--

[ stardiviner ]
I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express without misunderstanding.

Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
IRC(libera.chat, freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ISSUE]  there is a horizontal line in middle of text-property displayed image?
       [not found]   ` <m2pmg0f2un.fsf@numbchild@gmail.com>
@ 2022-09-15  6:22     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2022-09-15  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: "Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 09:56:58 +0800
>
> > I tried to reproduce this with some random image file, but didn't see
> > any such center-line.
>
> Not image file, I use org-mode's command ~org-toggle-inline-images~ to
> display image links are also fine has no center-line. But images
> displayed in text-property has center-line. *NOTE*: happens on
> text-property displayed images.
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (put-text-property start end
>                    'display (create-image thumbnail nil nil :ascent 'center :max-height thumbnail-size))
> #+end_src

If this is specific to some Org feature, then perhaps a better place
for this is the Org mailing list?