* NTEmacs, CVS, PCL-CVS, Version Control and ^M?
@ 2003-04-24  1:56 Galen Boyer
From: Galen Boyer @ 2003-04-24  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

We have a CVS server on a UNIX machine but, AFAIK, most of us are
committing our work from Windows machines.  But, we also have a mix of
people using WINCVS and cygwin CVS command-line.  I and the other cygwin
users will also use WinCVS on and off as well, so this may be causing
issues?  I use PCL-CVS for most of my day-to-day CVS work.  (The
.cvspass will get munged every once in awhile because of these switch
offs) What seems to be happening, but I can't quite find the pattern is
that more than one ^M will get appended to the end of the files so then
the ^M's show up, no matter what how I ask Emacs to handle the ^M,
because there is more than one.

What I'd like to know is if anybody has any experience with odd behavior
from checking in and checking out code and windows/UNIX end-of-line
characters getting inserted.  Its driving us a little nutty and we
aren't quite sure how to figure out what is truly happening.  Right now
we are removing the ^M manually (well Emacs manually anyways).

Thanks.
--
Galen deForest Boyer