* Problem with set-cursor-color
@ 2011-12-23 21:58 S. Champailler
From: S. Champailler @ 2011-12-23 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear mailing list,

I've got some troubles with set-cursor-color.

I use the emacs23-nox version of Debian in a unicode-rxvt terminal. Color support seems good (88 colors according to list-colors-display and I can see them too).
However when I do (set-cursor-color "brightwhite") nothing happens : the cursor remains grey and doesn't get white. I've tried "red" too, no success neither...
I've emptied my .emacs file but it doesn't help.

On the web, many reference to the XTERM env. variable are made, but since emacs shows me many colors, I guess my setup is right.

I've no idea if this is a bug... Is it ? Or isn't  set-cursor-color the proper way to set the cursor's color ?

Best regards,

* Re: Problem with set-cursor-color
@ 2011-12-24 14:07 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-12-24 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: S. Champailler; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> I've got some troubles with set-cursor-color.

This is what I have in my .emacs

(custom-set-faces
 '(cursor ((t (:background "red" :width extra-expanded)))))

So, have you tried ...

M-x customize-face RET cursor RET