* emacs process-environment under gnome
@ 2008-11-29 16:50 phorminx
From: phorminx @ 2008-11-29 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When I start emacs under gnome using gnome's application menu, the emacs process is started by root (ppid 1). I find this very confusing. Why is this so? For me, the main problem is that this way emacs (the variable process-environment) doesn't know anything about the environment variables I like to use (which are defined in my .bashrc).

As you might guess I am new to gnome (but I've used emacs for some time). What are other people doing? Start emacs via a shell script?

Thank you!

* Re: emacs process-environment under gnome
       [not found] <mailman.1517.1227988702.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-11-30  1:36 ` Barry Margolin
From: Barry Margolin @ 2008-11-30  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs