* Modifying auto-mode-alist in .emacs
@ 2004-02-15 18:00 exits funnel
From: exits funnel @ 2004-02-15 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I've made some customizations to c++ mode which work
pretty well.  Unfortunately when I visit a header file
with the extension '.h', the file is opened in c-mode.
 I'm trying to figure out what I need to add to my
.emacs file to get emacs to open these header files in
c++ mode.  I've been poking around the info pages and
I've read about auto-mode-alist but I can't figure out
how to make the appropriate change to this variable in
my .emacs file.  If someone could help me with this
I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

-exits

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

* Re: Modifying auto-mode-alist in .emacs
       [not found] <mailman.2432.1076868062.928.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-02-16  1:04 ` Kin Cho
From: Kin Cho @ 2004-02-16  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.h\\'"    . c++-mode))

-kin