* TeX mode: blinking on \{ .... \}
@ 2003-05-21 16:09 Drew Burton
From: Drew Burton @ 2003-05-21 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

We have just our production keyboarders to a new platform
and a much newer emacs version (19.30 [gulp] to 21.2, RedHat8}

A change that they have noticed is that in TeX mode previously
emacs would blink on TeX-quoted braces, i.e. \{ .... \}.

That is not the case in the current version.

I have searched around but have not found an answer simple enough
for me to change this behaviour.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me.

   Drew Burton
   drb@ams.org
   Ann Arbor, Michigan
   American Mathematical Society

* Re: TeX mode: blinking on \{ .... \}
@ 2003-05-22  8:59 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-22  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

drb@ams.org (Drew Burton) writes:

> A change that they have noticed is that in TeX mode previously
> emacs would blink on TeX-quoted braces, i.e. \{ .... \}.
>
> That is not the case in the current version.

What does it mean to "blink on TeX-quoted braces"?

Maybe you had AUC-TeX installed before, and the new Emacs is missing
that?  So just install AUCTeX.
--
This line is not blank.