From: Alois Steindl <Alois.Steindl@tuwien.ac.at>
To: <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: Strange scrolling behaviour in Emacs 29.1.2
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 21:58:57 +0200	[thread overview]

I observe a strange problem with the new release of Emacs 29.1.2 on Windows:

Scrolling with the mouse button works only in one direction: If I try to
scroll up or down, the file is scrolled upwards in both cases until the
start of the file is reached. This does not occur in Emacs 28.2 and with
other programs. If I use a different mouse, it also works well; but with
a certain Microsoft mouse it scrolls only in  one direction for Emacs 29.1.2

The command C-h l displays, that the mouse sends both commands
<wheel-down> and <wheel-up>, as it does with the other mice.

What might be the reason for that behaviour?