* timeclock and the "day" concept
@ 2007-04-23 13:41 Denis Bueno
From: Denis Bueno @ 2007-04-23 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

All,

I don't see anything in the Manual about this, so I'm asking here.

I frequently work less than 8-hour days, and not in any predictable
way (i.e. I don't work exactly the same hours every week). I'd like to
keep track of my time using timeclock. Is there a way, using the
`timeclock-in'/`timeclock-out' mechanism, to say that "yesterday is
over, start from 0 hours today"? This way if I record less than 8
hours one day, the next day starts counting fresh, instead of thinking
I need to "make up" the rest of the eight hours not completed the day
before.

An acceptable approximation to a command that does the stuff above
would be simply to zero out the time from any previous days when I
clock in for the first time in a day. This way, when I clock in in the
morning, timeclock wouldn't think I have time to make up.

Thanks in advance.

-Denis

* Re: timeclock and the "day" concept
       [not found] <mailman.2401.1177336021.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-04-23 22:22 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-04-23 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Denis Bueno" wrote:

> Is there a way, using the `timeclock-in'/`timeclock-out' mechanism,
> to say that "yesterday is over, start from 0 hours today"? This way
> if I record less than 8 hours one day, the next day starts counting
> fresh, instead of thinking I need to "make up" the rest of the eight
> hours not completed the day before.

C-h v timeclock-relative?

* Re: timeclock and the "day" concept
@ 2007-04-24 11:37   ` Denis Bueno
From: Denis Bueno @ 2007-04-24 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 4/23/07, Glenn Morris <rgm+news@stanford.edu> wrote:
> "Denis Bueno" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way, using the `timeclock-in'/`timeclock-out' mechanism,
> > to say that "yesterday is over, start from 0 hours today"? This way
> > if I record less than 8 hours one day, the next day starts counting
> > fresh, instead of thinking I need to "make up" the rest of the eight
> > hours not completed the day before.
>
> C-h v timeclock-relative?

Ah, thanks. I hadn't called (load "timeclock") in my .emacs, and so
that variable wasn't visible to me.

-Denis