From: Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com>
To: Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net>,
	help-gnu-emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: problems with some external org-mode shell links which make emacs stuck
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 10:56:40 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Gregor,

Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:

> Hi Bruno,
> * Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com> [2024-02-01; 13:18 +01]:
>> Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:
>>> 1. I'm asked every time if I want to execute the
>>>    command.  This is annoying, is there a possibility
>>>    to stop this?
>>
>> See https://orgmode.org/manual/Code-Evaluation-Security.html.
>
> thanks.  I hoped for some less global setting.
> Therefore I will cope with this question rather than
> disable it.

Indeed, I wouldn't either.

You can set these variables per file:

   https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Specifying-File-Variables.html

What I usually do, I keep a line:

   # (setq-local org-link-shell-skip-confirm-regexp ".*")

With this line, if I need to disable security, I just have to do 'C-x C-e'
at the end of that line.

> Yes, now I see, you are right.  With the "&" a buffer
> for the result pops up, which I don't want.  The "#"
> prohibits that, but for the price of Emacs being
> stuck. [At some stage of my experiments I got a "#
> wrong reader syntax" messages, which hints to, that the
> "#" was somehow interpreted by the lisp interpreter.]
>
> I finally used an "elisp:" link and "start-process":
>
> [[elisp:(start-process "ssh" "*ssh*" "ssh" "-N" "-L xxxx:192.168.xxx.xxx:xxxx" "-p xxxx" root@xx.xxx.xx.xxx")][xxx remote]]

You may be interested by defining your own link type, so that you can
write, for example:

   [[ssh-L::xxxx:192.168.xxx.xxx:xxxx]]

You will not get the security question anymore, and you will have full
control in elisp. That's actually relatively easy to do:

   https://orgmode.org/manual/Adding-Hyperlink-Types.html

Bruno