* How does emacs find rgb.txt?
@ 2004-04-27 13:30 Richard
From: Richard @ 2004-04-27 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Currently, my list-display-colors returns a barren and empty window,
so none of my color-related customisations work (and we all want
syntax highlighting, don't we?).

I have located my rgb.txt here:

/usr/openwin/lib/X11/rgb.txt

How do I make emacs go there to get the list?

I am currently running:

GNU Emacs 20.4.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.7, X toolkit)

Thank you in advance, you good people.

RBS

* Re: How does emacs find rgb.txt?
@ 2004-04-27 15:34 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2004-04-27 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: barrettsmall@yahoo.co.uk (Richard)
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: 27 Apr 2004 06:30:04 -0700
>
> Currently, my list-display-colors returns a barren and empty window,

That is VERY strange for an Emacs built with X support.

> I have located my rgb.txt here:
>
> /usr/openwin/lib/X11/rgb.txt
>
> How do I make emacs go there to get the list?

You don't.  Emacs doesn't really read that file, it has its own list
of X colors (see lisp/term/x-win.el).

> I am currently running:
>
> GNU Emacs 20.4.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.7, X toolkit)

That's a very old version.  Perhaps you should consider upgrading
(the latest released version is 21.3).