* Re: Background color in emacs
@ 2006-01-17  8:33 Stefan Bienert
From: Stefan Bienert @ 2006-01-17  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

now I've downloaded color-theme 6.5.5 and put the following into my .emacs:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp")
    (require 'color-theme)

Now I get the following error on startup:

An error has occurred while loading `/home/sbienert/.emacs':

Wrong type argument: keymapp, nil

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the cause
of the error in your initialization file and remove it.  Start
Emacs with the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error
backtrace
setq: Symbol's function definition is void: color-theme-filter

What now? Is color-theme really worth fighting?

greetings,

Stefan

> Another way to it is to use color-theme and color-theme-dark-laptop.
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?ColorTheme
>
> (require 'color-theme nil t)
> (color-theme-dark-laptop)
>
> --
> Bastien

mit freundlichen Gruessen

Stefan Bienert

The box said,
                     -----------------------------
                     |Requires Windows 98|
                     |         or better.          |
                     -----------------------------

                     SO I INSTALLED LINUX.

* Re: Background color in emacs
@ 2006-01-17 20:18 Stefan Bienert
From: Stefan Bienert @ 2006-01-17 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks a lot!

it is sufficient to just change ¨Tools¨ into ¨tools¨ in these lines!

--
mit freundlichen Gruessen

Stefan Bienert

The box said,
                     -----------------------------
                     |Requires Windows 98|
                     |         or better.          |
                     -----------------------------

                     SO I INSTALLED LINUX.
Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstarkeren E-Mail-Postfach!

[parent not found: <mailman.1416.1137486956.26925.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
[parent not found: <mailman.1291.1137424773.26925.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* Background color in emacs
@ 2006-01-16 12:54 Stefan Bienert
From: Stefan Bienert @ 2006-01-16 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm trying to get emacs in X to the same look as in the console. I mean with a black background. But if I use set-background-color, the black font in emacs does not turn into white?
Any help?

--
greetings,