From: Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Making new files
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 16:40:32 +0000	[thread overview]

On Sunday, May 5th, 2024 at 4:23 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 16:08:40 +0000
> > From: Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> >
> > > Emacs is not like "other apps" out there, it has its own logic and
> > > paradigms, which are usually well-thought. Users of Emacs should
> > > realize the value of the Emacs behavior (for example, the fact that in
> > > this case Emacs automatically choses the correct modes for the new
> > > file), and appreciate it, rather than look for the inferior behavior
> > > characteristic of "other apps".
> >
> > That's what your stupid minds decided.
>

> Once again I learn the simple truth: the individual who goes by the
> handle Heime is not to be helped under any circumstances, because he
> or she can insult you out of the blue any time, regardless of the fact
> that I'm trying to help him/her to understand the Emacs mindset, so
> that future experiences could be more pleasant.
>
> Until I try to help you next time...

I find a problem for many others, this "having to understand the mind of emacs".
There in no such thing as the "mind of emacs".  For instance, you could have a
"Select File Type (by extention)" from a predefined list, in the popup window
to create a new file.  One could alse be allowed to set their own extention
and emacs could set the major mode associated with that extention.

This is similar problem of the gender pronounce nonsense.  Where people start
to insist that other understand such mindset nothwithstanding the confusion
they create.  And also, notwithstanding the reality that many do not give a
care about addressing anybody for the purpose of not setting them angry.