* pcl-cvs: quick commit?
@ 2002-11-21 16:45 Adam P.
From: Adam P. @ 2002-11-21 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use CVS for synchronizing directories on a few machines.  Some of
those files are modified pretty often and the changes are not worth
documenting.  Is there a pcl-cvs command that would allow me to commit
a file or marked files without asking me for log messages (as 'c' and
'C' do)?

    Adam

--
Name and address in X-Real...

* Re: pcl-cvs: quick commit?
@ 2002-11-21 19:07 ` Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>
From: Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com> @ 2002-11-21 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I use CVS for synchronizing directories on a few machines.  Some of
> those files are modified pretty often and the changes are not worth
> documenting.  Is there a pcl-cvs command that would allow me to commit
> a file or marked files without asking me for log messages (as 'c' and
> 'C' do)?

How about c C-c C-c ?

* Re: pcl-cvs: quick commit?
@ 2002-11-21 23:20   ` Adam P.
From: Adam P. @ 2002-11-21 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> writes:

>> I use CVS for synchronizing directories on a few machines.  Some of
>> those files are modified pretty often and the changes are not worth
>> documenting.  Is there a pcl-cvs command that would allow me to commit
>> a file or marked files without asking me for log messages (as 'c' and
>> 'C' do)?
>
> How about c C-c C-c ?

:-)

Yes, that's what I do instead of quick-commit.

     Adam

--
Name and address in X-Real...

* Re: pcl-cvs: quick commit?
@ 2002-11-22  6:02     ` Edgar Antonio Luna Díaz
From: Edgar Antonio Luna Díaz @ 2002-11-22  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

adamp_at@at_ipipan.waw.pl (Adam P.) writes:

>> How about c C-c C-c ?

> :-)

> Yes, that's what I do instead of quick-commit.
Maybe is because I'm not a good lisp programer, but, why not a macro?

--
Edgar Antonio Luna Díaz - http://www.gnulinux.org.mx
Key Fingerprint=C008 5EAC 5272 AC8C 7589  4821 8B34 6166 8733 8310

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: pcl-cvs: quick commit?
@ 2002-11-22 10:03       ` Adam P.
From: Adam P. @ 2002-11-22 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Edgar Antonio Luna Díaz <kheb@gnulinux.org.mx> writes:

>>> How about c C-c C-c ?
>
>> :-)
>
>> Yes, that's what I do instead of quick-commit.
> Maybe is because I'm not a good lisp programer, but, why not a macro?

I thought about a macro, and that's what I'll do in the end, but I was
wondering if there already exists in pcl-cvs a function that I can
simply bind to a key.  Thanks.

    Adam
--
Name and address in X-Real...

* Re: pcl-cvs: quick commit?
@ 2002-11-22 14:21         ` Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>
From: Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com> @ 2002-11-22 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I thought about a macro, and that's what I'll do in the end, but I was
> wondering if there already exists in pcl-cvs a function that I can
> simply bind to a key.  Thanks.

Yes, there is and I told you its name: c C-c C-c

  (define-key foo-bar-mode [(meta ?c)] [?c (control ?c) (control ?c)])

-- Stefan

* Re: pcl-cvs: quick commit?
@ 2002-11-22 17:24           ` Adam P.
From: Adam P. @ 2002-11-22 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> writes:

>> I thought about a macro, and that's what I'll do in the end, but I was
>> wondering if there already exists in pcl-cvs a function that I can
>> simply bind to a key.  Thanks.
>
> Yes, there is and I told you its name: c C-c C-c
>
>   (define-key foo-bar-mode [(meta ?c)] [?c (control ?c) (control ?c)])

It seems to me that the *final* argument of define-key doesn't accept
vectors of *events* like (control ?c).  But this works:

(define-key cvs-mode-map [?\M-c] [?c ?\C-c ?\C-c])

Thanks.

        Adam

--
Name and address in X-Real...

* Re: pcl-cvs: quick commit?
@ 2002-11-22 19:03             ` Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>
From: Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com> @ 2002-11-22 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It seems to me that the *final* argument of define-key doesn't accept
> vectors of *events* like (control ?c).  But this works:

Oops, quite right, the XEmacs format is only translated when it's
in the second argument, not the third.  Sorry 'bout that,