* Emacs as Jabber client
@ 2006-07-19  3:09 Senthil Kumaran S
From: Senthil Kumaran S @ 2006-07-19  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone used emacs as a jabber client?, is it possible to do so (I
know nothing is impossible in emacs). If so please give me some
pointers. Also it would be great if emacs could act as a client for
the yahoo protocol.

--
--sen--
Be a man of Deeds

* Re: Emacs as Jabber client
@ 2006-07-19 11:29 ` Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-07-19 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://emacs-jabber.sourceforge.net/

--
Leon

* Re: Emacs as Jabber client
@ 2006-07-19 13:39 ` raloupower
From: raloupower @ 2006-07-19 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

All you need is here, yahoo, MSN, and so, and of course Jabber.
Use jabber.el, it's the best, the most up-to-date (try to download the
cvs version).

--
ralou - email & jabber :  raloupower dot free.fr - ralou dot fritalk.com
PGP/GnuPG key :		    0xDA96B10A

* Re: Emacs as Jabber client
@ 2006-07-20  5:43   ` raloupower
From: raloupower @ 2006-07-20  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

oops !

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryChatClient

@ 2006-08-14  0:18 ` John Sullivan
From: John Sullivan @ 2006-08-14  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Senthil Kumaran S" <stylesen@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anyone used emacs as a jabber client?, is it possible to do so (I
> know nothing is impossible in emacs). If so please give me some
> pointers. Also it would be great if emacs could act as a client for
> the yahoo protocol.

I use jabber via bitlbee (http://www.bitlbee.org) from emacs using the ERC IRC
client.

I have the bitlbee server running on my laptop, but you could also use one of
the public servers.

The only problem with it is that it can't handle jabber group chats.

I tried the emacs jabber client, which I think can do group chats, but I wasn't
able to get it to work with an SSL server.

bitlbee handles yahoo as well, along with numerous other IM protocols.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net

* Re: Emacs as Jabber client
@ 2006-08-20 21:31   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2006-08-20 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

   I tried the emacs jabber client, which I think can do group chats,

Yes it does.

   but I wasn't able to get it to work with an SSL server.

Weird since it is possible to connect on google talk too...

Xavier

* Re: Emacs as Jabber client
@ 2006-08-21  3:40     ` Senthil Kumaran S
From: Senthil Kumaran S @ 2006-08-21  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs, John Sullivan

On 8/21/06, Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu.org> wrote:
> Weird since it is possible to connect on google talk too...

Yeah after going through many resources, I made jabber.el work with
google talk in my lap, it needs some latest version of gnus in order
to ensure that we have SSL support...

--
--sen--
Be a man of Deeds