* how to create new input method?
@ 2008-07-10  7:32 Tamas
From: Tamas @ 2008-07-10  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I would like to create a new input method for MULE because none of the
existing ones are well-suited to Hungarian (which has long double
acute accents like ő and ű).

I just need the following prefix mappings (for small and capital
vowels):

' + aeuio => these letters with single acute accent
" + ou => these letters with umlaut
~ + ou => these letters with double acute accent

Could someone please get me started with some template code that I
could put in my .emacs file and would create this input method?  I can
figure out the details (character mappings etc).

I am using Emacs 23.0.0.1.

Thanks,

Tamas

* Re: how to create new input method?
@ 2008-07-10 12:39 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-07-10 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 00:32:56 -0700 (PDT) Tamas <tkpapp@gmail.com> wrote:

T> I would like to create a new input method for MULE because none of the
T> existing ones are well-suited to Hungarian (which has long double
T> acute accents like ő and ű).

T> I just need the following prefix mappings (for small and capital
T> vowels):

T> ' + aeuio => these letters with single acute accent
T> " + ou => these letters with umlaut
T> ~ + ou => these letters with double acute accent

T> Could someone please get me started with some template code that I
T> could put in my .emacs file and would create this input method?  I can
T> figure out the details (character mappings etc).

Look under leim/quail for a bunch of input methods.  I've worked on
cyrillic.el so I don't know about Hungarian, but you can use any Latin
input method easily as a starting point.

Ted

* Re: how to create new input method?
@ 2008-07-14 11:13   ` Tamas K Papp
From: Tamas K Papp @ 2008-07-14 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:39:42 -0500, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> Look under leim/quail for a bunch of input methods.  I've worked on
> cyrillic.el so I don't know about Hungarian, but you can use any Latin
> input method easily as a starting point.

Thanks Ted,

Indeed it was really easy to do.

Tamas