* Major mode for bash scripts
@ 2023-06-25  8:06 uzibalqa
From: uzibalqa @ 2023-06-25  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: uzibalqa via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

Have been looking at the mode suitable for bash and have found people
mentioning "shell-script-mode" and "sh-mode", which do not work.  What
is the appropriate mode for bash scripts ?

* Re: Major mode for bash scripts
@ 2023-06-25  8:11 ` Platon Pronko
From: Platon Pronko @ 2023-06-25  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: uzibalqa, uzibalqa via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

On 2023-06-25 16:06, uzibalqa wrote:

> Have been looking at the mode suitable for bash and have found people
> mentioning "shell-script-mode" and "sh-mode", which do not work.  What
> is the appropriate mode for bash scripts ?

sh-mode works for me.

--
Best regards,
Platon Pronko

* Re: Major mode for bash scripts
@ 2023-06-25  9:56   ` uzibalqa
From: uzibalqa @ 2023-06-25  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Platon Pronko; +Cc: uzibalqa via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

> > Have been looking at the mode suitable for bash and have found people
> > mentioning "shell-script-mode" and "sh-mode", which do not work. What
> > is the appropriate mode for bash scripts ?
>

> sh-mode works for me. - Platon Pronko

But then the corresponding sh-mode-map does not exist.

* Re: Major mode for bash scripts
@ 2023-06-25 11:49     ` Platon Pronko
From: Platon Pronko @ 2023-06-25 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: uzibalqa; +Cc: uzibalqa via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor

>>> Have been looking at the mode suitable for bash and have found people
>>> mentioning "shell-script-mode" and "sh-mode", which do not work. What
>>> is the appropriate mode for bash scripts ?
>>
>> sh-mode works for me. - Platon Pronko
>
> But then the corresponding sh-mode-map does not exist.

It does for me. It looks like you are doing something weird in your setup - try starting Emacs without extra configuration (emacs -Q) and test there.