* Forward & Backword Paragraph
@ 2006-08-09 14:21 Bill
From: Bill @ 2006-08-09 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using the following I've been able to get my MacBook Pro to move the
cursor one word at a time with the Control Right and Left Arrow keys.

;;Key-Bind Forward & Backward Word
(global-set-key "\M-[5d" 'backward-word)
(global-set-key "\M-[5c" 'forward-word)

(global-set-key "\C-n" 'forward-paragraph)
(global-set-key "\C-b" 'backward-paragraph)

Now, I'd like to get Control Up and Down Arrow keys to move up and
down one paragraph at a time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill

* Re: Forward & Backword Paragraph
       [not found] <mailman.5025.1155133311.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2006-08-11  9:23 ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2006-08-11  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill <tfc4@cybcon.com> writes:

> Now, I'd like to get Control Up and Down Arrow keys to move up and
> down one paragraph at a time.

I don't follow. On my CVS Emacs, C-up and C-down *are* bound to
backward-paragraph and forward-paragraph. Isn't that the case on your
system?

* Re: Forward & Backword Paragraph
@ 2006-08-15  3:28   ` bjemacs
From: bjemacs @ 2006-08-15  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm uisng Emacs in OS X Tiger,
Terminal.

Bill

Mathias Dahl-3 wrote:

> Bill <tfc4@cybcon.com> writes:
>
>> Now, I'd like to get Control Up and Down Arrow keys to move up and
>> down one paragraph at a time.
>
> I don't follow. On my CVS Emacs, C-up and C-down *are* bound to
> backward-paragraph and forward-paragraph. Isn't that the case on your
> system?
Sent from the Emacs - Help forum at Nabble.com.

* Re: Forward & Backword Paragraph
@ 2006-08-15 10:26 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-08-15 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 09.08.2006 um 16:21 schrieb Bill:

> Now, I'd like to get Control Up and Down Arrow keys to move up and
> down one paragraph at a time.
>
> Any suggestions?

[C-down] and [C-up] describe the arrow keys in combination with the
control modifier.

--
Greetings

   Pete