* Semantic Parsing of Python Symbols Defined in Class
@ 2016-01-22 17:40 Steve Jarvis
From: Steve Jarvis @ 2016-01-22 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, I'm having trouble getting Semantic to find symbols defined within a
Python class. For example, in the following buffer I can use
"semantic-ia-fast-jump" to locate "say_hi()", but cannot find
"thing_say_hi()".

<start code>

def say_hi():
     print 'hello there'

class Thing:

     def thing_say_hi(self):
         print 'hello from class'

say_hi()    # Resolves correctly with 'semantic-ia-fast-jump'
thing = Thing()
thing.thing_say_hi()    # Could not find suitable jump point for
thing_say_hi

<end code>

I look at semantic's context (what I understand fast jump uses to locate
symbols) and see the prefix class is just "'type". I would expect that
to be "Thing"?

Context Type: #<semantic-analyze-context context>
Bounds: (148 . 160)
Prefix: "thing_say_hi"
Prefix Classes: 'type

Anyway, this is on emacs 24.5.1 with no extra packages. I didn't find
any info on this with a bit of Googling; it sounds like it really just
works excellently for most. Any ideas what's going on? From what I've
read of Semantic, this is certainly not outside the functionality of
fast jump, is it?

Thanks,
Steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-01-22 17:40 UTC | newest]