* package.el sort order
@ 2013-04-26 18:24 Michael Bach
From: Michael Bach @ 2013-04-26 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear Emacs Users,

After doing a package-list-packages, how can I sort the package list to
be sorted alphabetically instead of by package status?  I did the usual
google + manual search, but found nothing.  Best would be a variable
that specifies default sorting when the list is updated.

Could someone give me a shove?

Best Regards,
Michael

* Re: package.el sort order
@ 2013-04-27 11:02 ` Michael Bach
From: Michael Bach @ 2013-04-27 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 4/26/13 8:24 PM, Michael Bach wrote:
> Dear Emacs Users,
>
> After doing a package-list-packages, how can I sort the package list to
> be sorted alphabetically instead of by package status?  I did the usual
> google + manual search, but found nothing.  Best would be a variable
> that specifies default sorting when the list is updated.
>
> Could someone give me a shove?

Just for reference, I solved this one via

(add-hook 'package-menu-mode-hook
              (lambda ()
                (forward-word)
                (Buffer-menu-sort)))