* Re: emacs needs to have a code folding feature
@ 2007-11-28 14:44   ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-11-28 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, q101100111000; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 28.11.2007 um 16:13 schrieb Bastien:

>> Also, Emacs needs to have a parenthesis/bracket/curly-brace
>> highlighting
>> to highlight a PAIR of them when the cursor is on or next to one of
>> them.
>
> (require 'paren)
> (show-paren-mode 1)

This might be easier to achieve. I have just this customisation:

	 '(blink-matching-paren-on-screen t)
	 '(show-paren-mode t)

A bit further goes mic-paren.el, which highlights the whole region
between matching braces.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
         The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated
         than by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere,
         bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.

* Re: emacs needs to have a code folding feature
       [not found] <20071128014245.091D81487D@ws5-9.us4.outblaze.com>
@ 2007-11-28 15:13 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-28 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"The Directory" <q101100111000@graffiti.net> writes:

> Also, Emacs needs to have a parenthesis/bracket/curly-brace highlighting
> to highlight a PAIR of them when the cursor is on or next to one of
> them.

(require 'paren)
(show-paren-mode 1)

HTH,

PS: before starting suggestions with "Emacs needs to have", please check
that the requested feature doesn't exist already.  If you can't find it,
it's safer to assume that 1) it's somewhere but you don't know where or
2) the feature might not be a good idea.

--
Bastien